Frequently Asked Questions
What is collagen?
Collagen is the main protein found in bones, skin, cartilage, and the connective tissues of the body.
Blue Waters Marine Collagen is made from the skin and scales of fish from Canadian Atlantic Waters and has undergone hydrolysis which breaks down the collagen into bio available collagen peptides. Collagen Peptides are chains of Amino Acids that provide for maximum absorption and effectiveness.
Why choose Blue Waters Collagen
- Health Canada approval as a Natural Health Product (NHP/NPN 80119334) for reducing joint pain. Benefits also include healthy hair, skin and bones.
- Up-Cycled Resource: Blue Waters Collagen is extracted from Wild Fish Skins that are a by-product of the food industry.
- Our all-natural extraction process uses no artificial chemicals and includes an ultrafiltration step which removes any trace metals for a Collagen that is of the highest purity.
Who can benefit from taking Blue Waters Collagen?
All adults can benefit from consuming Blue Waters Collagen. Collagen is an essential protein for our skin, cartilage, and other tissues in the body whose health and integrity can be impaired by different factors, such as age. A study showed that the production of collagen declines at a rate of about 1 percent after the age of 20. Studies have shown that the regular consumption of collagen can help to promote healthy joints, muscles, bones skin, hair and nails, regardless of your age.
Are there studies demonstrating the efficacy of hydrolyzed collagen and marine collagen?
Yes, the links below are some examples of clinical research on the benefits of taking collagen peptides
- Castellanos VH, Litchford MD, Campbell WW. (2006) Modular Protein Supplements and Their Application for Long-Term Care, Nutrition in Clinical Practice.
- Hitoshi Matsumoto, et al. (2006) Clinical Effects of Fish Type I collagen hydrolysate on skin properties, ITE Letters on Batteries, New Technologies and Medicine.
Skin, Hair & Nails
- Asserin, J. (2015). The effect of oral collagen peptide supplementation on skin moistureand the dermal collagen network: evidence from an ex vivo model and randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials.
- Vollmer, D. L, et al. (2018) Enhancing Skin Health: By Oral Administration of Natural Compounds and Minerals with Implications to the Dermal Microbiome.
- Cosmet Dermatol, J. (2017) Oral supplementation with specific bioactive collagen peptides improves nail growth and reduces symptoms of brittle nails.
Joints & Bone
- De Paz-Lugo, P, et al. (2018). High glycine concentration increases collagen synthesis by articular chondrocytes in vitro: acute glycine deficiency could be an important cause of osteoarthritis.
- Clark, K L. (2008) 24-Week study on the use of collagen hydrolysate as a dietary supplement in athletes with activity-related joint pain.
- Olson, G.B., Savage, S, et al (2000). The effects of collagen hydrolysat on symptoms of chronic fibromyalgia and temporomandibular joint pain.
How much Blue Waters Collagen should I take per day and for how long?
We recommend taking one scoop (5 grams) of collagen per day. Based on Blue Waters Wellness client feedback, improvements to health such as increased skin hydration and promotion of hair and nail growth around 3 to 6 weeks.
For joint pain, it is recommended to take Blue Waters Collagen for at least 2 to 5 months to see beneficial effects . In our experience and that of many customers, benefits and pain relief are noticed and felt earlier than this, though experiences among everyone varies.
Should I consume collagen for life? What happens if I stop taking collagen?
Taking Blue Waters Collagen should be thought of like any supplement taken to support your health. If your body needs it, and you're not getting enough of it in your regular diet, you should consider taking Blue Waters Collagen for as long as this remains true.
A study published by British Dermatologists has shown that a decrease of 1% collagen in the skin per year starting at the age of 20. For many people, supplementing your collagen intake becomes more important as time goes on. Modern diets tend to include less peptides and amino acids supplied by collagen. Presently, people are living much longer, and it is making the need for a collagen supplement more evident.
Where can I buy Blue Waters Collagen?
Blue Waters Collagen is available at BlueWatersWellness.com and International Shipping is available.
Blue Waters Collagen is also available at these retailers -
- Stong's Market North Vancouver
2150 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver, BC V7H 0B5, Canada
- Stong's Market Dunbar
4221 Dunbar St, Vancouver, BC V6S 2G1, Canada
- Aura Natural Market
508-7380 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 5A5, Canada
- Masagana Filipino Store
1380 Dominion Ave unit 101, Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 8G7, Canada
How much is shipping?
All orders of Blue Waters Collagen shipped to a Canadian address will receive free shipping. International shipping costs are subject to location.